For the 2021-2023 training unit, TCOLE is recommending the following courses for continued education. The courses below are not mandatory but recommended. TCOLE believes that each of these courses will be highly beneficial to officers in the course of their duties.
House Bill 3712, passed by the Texas Legislature in the 87th Regular Session, includes a provision for TCOLE to specify up to 16 hours of mandatory continuing education for peace officers each training unit and specify those hours before the next unit begins.
- Course 3845 (2-16 hours)
- Support officers in their duty to render aid under HB 3712 and SB 2212
Trauma-Informed Sexual Assault Investigations
- Either Course 470 via MyTCOLE or Course 4070 in-person
- Supports the work of the Governor’s Sexual Assault Survivors Task Force
Approaching Alzheimer’s: First Responder Training
- Currently free on the Alzheimer’s Association website, and it generates a certificate until we are able to work out an agreement with them to post it on MyTCOLE.
- Can be reported under course number 3908, Law Enforcement and the Elderly (1-100 hours)
If you have any questions, please contact our Credentialing staff at 512-936-7700 or email@example.com.